Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Dreams, the dejas and the vus....

G'day everyone,

I had my very first dream about a blogger! It was Steph, and I hardly remember anything of it, except that she was talking about how much she went jogging and I was feeling ashamed of my lack of exercise. (Yeah, I know you were totally all hoping for something rude. Sorry!)

I was also thinking about my most common recurring dream. This will probably disgust you to a great degree, so I urge you stop reading now. In this dream, I have a cold, and I blow my nose, and into the tissue comes out the thickest greenest snot you've ever seen in your life. And I keep blowing, and it just keeps coming and coming until I end up chucking out the tissues and just pulling it out in thick green ropes of snot, with my bare hands, all the while I'm coughing and choking because I can't breathe and it makes me feel like I'm going to throw up. What do you think it means? Maybe I've got sleep apnea or something.

Also, on Saturday night...actually, Sunday morning, with Gray, I had the most severe deja vu I've ever had in my life. (Seriously, click that link, it's fascinating stuff!) I get deja vu relatively often, apparently- I'd say at least once a month, this was probably the most intense one I remember. Apart from being suggestive of an unstable mind and possible temporal lobe disorder, I find the whole phenomena utterly fascinating- brain shit is so weird, yo!

Anyway, this particular incident occurred with Gray. We were lying in his bed, alternatively watching Invader Zim, chatting, and making out. Something he said, the position of our bodies, the layout of the room, something set me off and suddenly I'm awash with deja vu, the sense that sometime, somehow, I'd done this exact thing with this person, in this place, before. I don't need to describe it to you really, most of you have felt it, and it's fucking weird.

What's your most recent deja vu?

1 comment:

i said...

... this black cat walked across an open door, shaking and meowing.. then another black cat walked past and did the same thing... and i was like woah.. deja vu!

heh :) sorry.. just had to bring it back to the matrix :P I often get deja vu like experiences on mountains.. i don't know if that is actually a feeling of deja vu.. or if it's the same sort of rush that i get everytime i go bush?

the power of the mind and all the wierd intricacies always fascinates me.. wish i was smart enough to understand it all hehe..
i.