Thursday, November 30, 2006

A shrinky dinky dinky...a shrinky dinky doo...


So lots of things sort of tiddling (Yes, I know that's a shit word.) through my head right now, after my trip to the shrink. Yes, in case you don't know, I see a shrink once a week. Mostly for being bipolar, but if you believe my shrink, also for issues relating to my (physically) distant father and my emotionally unavailable mother. Yes, my shrink has the entire collected works of Freud in his office.

Anyway, I usually have lots to think about after the shrink, and instead of rambling I am going to make a nice list:

1) Is it normal to feel uncomfortable/kinda creeped out talking to my shrink?
2) Do I really fall for people specifically because they are emotionally unavailable to me?
3) Do I really believe all this Freud bullshit anyway?
4) Is it really a warning sign of something bad that Gray picks me up on it when I use incorrect English? My shrink thinks so, but while it annoyed me, I asked Gray about it and he reckoned it was just a defence mechanism he uses when he's intimidated. Hmm, *shrug* dunno.
5) Do I maybe want a different shrink, because I disagree a lot with this one and also he creeps me out- when he says that he wants me to be able to lean on him (emotionally) my brain just says 'hellls noooooo'?

Okay, so some of those weren't quite questions. Eh, who cares.

Here's another nice list, in the theme of the post, entitled:

Songs That Have Dragged Me Through Some Tough Times

1. Matisyahu- King Without A Crown (live, the one on the album is shite)
2. Matisyahu - Lord Raise Me Up (In case you were wondering, no, I am not even slightly religious.)
3. Ben Harper - Better Way
4. Butterfingers - Get Up Outta The Dirt
5. The Grates- Trampoline (whee bouncy!)

Okay... I am going to go bounce around the house to silly happy music now...

Oh, and in case you were wondering- I'm going to call Gray tonight to ask for another date. Wish me luck!

m

No comments: