Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Love and Hate Tuesday



Love: Damien Rice's fantastic cover of 'When Doves Cry' on Triple J's Like a Version CD. You must get this!

Hate: Centrelink. See below.



Dear Centrestink,

I know that I don't fit in your tight little box, with my apparently hugely complex academic arrangements. Which, while irritating, is something I can deal with However, I've been having a pretty shit time this semester, what with being diagnosed with Bipolar II and trying to get my psychiatric shit together, so I had to withdraw from uni.

This, as you'd understand, was pretty stressful- I am pretty dissappointed that I couldn't complete the semester, and am feeling generally stressed and not too impressed with myself about the whole failing and the being a crazy person thing.

Consequently, when I recieved a phone call from you guys today, telling me that because I withdrew, I can't get Youth Allowance over the holidays, even though I am going back to uni next semester just like everyone else, I was, understandably more than a little bit pissed.

To make matters worse, you want me to go onto Newstart allowance, which is weird, since as far as my university is concerned, I'm still a fulltime student, and as far as my job is concerned, I am definitely not a jobseeker. Newstart also won't pay me for the three weeks I'm in New Zealand, which kind of fucks up that whole "rent" thing I'm doing. I know I know, your hands are tied by rules and regs, I understand that. However, I have to say, I don't give a shit, and while your hands are tied I'd like to take the opportunity to take hold of them, bend you over, and jam a very large pineapple in that tight little box of yours. Okay?

/end rant

m

No comments: