Friday, January 05, 2007

Triple J Hottest 100

Once again the most torturous part of the year is upon me- voting for the Hottest 100. This process drives me mad, but I need to do it. I find I always have the same problems when voting. Some questions I have asked myself (or others) while voting:

-If I really liked a hugely popular song (say, Black Fingernails, Red Wine) should I not vote for it, confident that others will, thus saving one of my valuable *snigger* votes for another, lesser known band?

-If one of said lesser known bands (say, The Audreys) gets into the Hottest 100, but with songs that aren't even in the list of my favourites for the year, should I still vote for them anyway, just so the band gets some recognition?

-If I love really obscure tiny songs that nobody else will vote for, should I still vote for them, or is this pointless? If only smaller bands could have preferences like in the proper elections- that way at least if I was voting Love Outside Andromeda I would know I wasn't voting My Chemical Romance. Muahaha.

Okay, without further ado, my ten selections for the Hottest 100 this year:

Damien Rice - 9 Crimes
Grates - 19-20-20
Audreys - Oh Honey
Butterfingers - Get Up Outta The Dirt
Infadels - Love Like Semtex
Love Outside Andromeda - Sparrow
Matisyahu - King Without A Crown
Placebo - Song To Say Goodbye
We Are Scientists - Nobody Move, Nobody Get Hurt
Winnie Coopers - Geek Manifesto

And if I had to pick just one favourite out of that... ... ... okay brain, I'm sorry, I take it back. That would be way too hard. So I guess that's my top ten songs for the year, kiddies!

m

PS. The other long post explaining things is in the works. Need to have coherent thoughts about things in order to blog about em, m'kay?

2 comments:

Steph said...

I never vote on those things for the reasons you mentioned. I'm a dithererer!!

P.S so blogrolling you when i get my new puter. This one is fucked and i'm too scared to mess with my template in case it freezes up on me!!

n said...

LOL I am trying not to be a ditherer, in everything. I still dithered, and almost immediately after I clicked 'submit' in the countdown I wanted to change my mind. Story of my life.

Whee, blogrolling, thanks steph!

m