Monday, February 05, 2007

Travelogging....

Day 1:

Arrive in New Zealand. Have to pay shuttle driver despite booking and paying for shuttle online in advance. Have to climb over other sleeping people and their crap in the dark to get to my top bunk in the hostel. Have to sleep in single bed with my ginormous backpack. Set alarm.

Wake up, luckily before alarm time as phone has run out of battery. Have to find ATM as having to pay the shuttle driver put me short of cash for the hostel. First ATM doesn't let me get cash. Cue intense panic that maybe my card doesn't work here, I'm stuck in Auckland with no money and no phone, etc. Second ATM fine, panic ceases.

Pay for hostel, check out, struggle to get backpack on, trudge to bus terminal. Faff around for a while. Order ham and cheese toasted sandwich for breakfast. Wonder how they managed to get so many variations on 'tasteless' on one sandwich. Put bag in locker. Go to internet cafe, planning to use webtext to message boyfriend. Discover that I don't know boyfriend's mobile number, and with dead phone, can't get it. Grumble. Faff around on internet. Grumble some more about various aspects of travelling.

The end.

Exciting, non?

m

2 comments:

i said...

sounds like a blast! ;) and i'll be doing the same in 6 days from now! :P weeee!

Pablo said...

Fun indeed.

So... how about them All Blacks?