Monday, February 12, 2007

I seed a whale!

I went whale watching this morning, it was pretty cool. Literally, as it was bloody fucking freezing, and the ocean was hugely choppy, so the boat was coming up and crashing down like...well, like a big uppy downy crashy thing. I can't complain though, coz the other option would have been cancelling the trip, which would sucko majoro. The whales (sperm whales) were cool, I guess, in as much as seeing one tenth of any animal could be considered 'cool'. The dolphins were better- made me wish I'd forked out my 130 bucks fordolphin swimming instead. Although given the weather I suppose we probably would have been cancelled.


Plus *squee* I met Ross Noble! In Kaikoura, a teeny tourist town in the middle of nowhere- got my photo with him and everythings! I am going to see his show tonight now.

I am in Christchurch now. Civilization is nice.

m

1 comment:

Steph said...

Whales are so cool. When my sister lived in Ballina we could stand on her balcony and see them frolicking about in the ocean.