Tuesday, March 06, 2007

WARNING: This is going to be a sad, mopey wallowing in misery post.

So I'm feeling a bit blah right now, mostly thanks to Zyprexa induced weight gain- I am not liking it at all. My clothes are starting to not fit, and I am generally feeling quite blah and flabby, not helped by my constant sugar cravings (thanks Zyprexa!) and increased appetite.

I don't know, am just feeling an overwhelming desire to lead a 'normal' life, and not be on medication that makes me fat. I am starting to feel like I will never be able to have a 'good' life, looking into the future and feeling like I am always going to be struggling with this disease.

I know for the weight gain at least I just have to exercise more, but like most people I am lazy, and I am even less likely than most people to be able to force myself into doing things I don't want to do (ie. exercise).

Well, that's really all I've got to say. So I'll probably leave it at that.

m

5 comments:

n said...

LOL Alas, as a student I am too poor to go shopping for more clothes, otherwise I so would!

I'm mostly cheered up today, though I slept in so feeling a bit groggy.

Thanks,

m

Cath said...

Wallow deep my friend. Sometimes it feels good to mope. Frankly, as someone on anti-depressants for many years now, I have wondered about my ability to truly feel things since I am so packed full of "happy pills". So sometimes a good wallow, and a cry, reassure me that I am human after all.

Steph said...

Wish i had something insightful to say, but I really don't know much about depression at all.

I really hope things get better for you. ((big hugs))

londongirl said...

Sorry for an upcoming Pollyanna comment - tis meant well...

Maybe try and find some exercise that doesn't feel like exercise - playing around on a playstation dance mat always cracks me up - or walking the long way round to the shops, or just dancing like a loon round your living room?

Oh and get one of those fitness ball things - if you sit on that every time you watch telly, you get exercise. And somehow sitting on it makes you disinclined to munch.

Hope you feel better soon.

n said...

Thanks guys!